Monday, March 29, 2010

Patience, or the lack thereof

Having patience when waiting seems to be cyclical. Sometimes, I am excited and things are happening and I am feeling patient. Other times, things just don't seem to be moving at the pace I want, and I feel impatient. This is one of those times. Our house was done last week. We're waiting for permission to move in. I was patient Th, Friday, Sat and Sunday, but no more. I am on Spring break this week and want to be moving into my new house today. I snuck in over the weekend and washed out all the cupboards and shelves in the house. I can start putting things in as soon as I get the OK.

You may recall we are living in a fully-furnished cottage. Therefore, all of our furniture, dishes, linens, and most of our "stuff" is either packed in the pole barn or in the storage unit. So, from that respect, we don't have a lot of packing to do this time. This weekend, I packed a lot of non-essentials from the rental house and we took them to the pole barn. I started packing some food in those blue reusable grocery bags and have them all lined up on the table, so we can still get to the food, but it's ready to go at any time. Jacob took apart our "closet" and we packed up many of our clothes. I've gone through the dishes and packed everything that was ours. Most of the toys are packed and in the pole barn. As soon as we get occupancy, I will load up the truck and we'll be taking things over there. We want to be out of this house by the end of the day on Wednesday if at all possible, so we don't have to worry about another month's rent. As you can imagine, we have numerous other expenses at this time.

I guess I'll see what else I can pack up and then sit around and wait for them to call!

No comments:

Post a Comment