Sunday, March 14, 2010

Anticipation!
























The anticipation is killing me! We are so close to moving in, we can't stand it! We are anticipating some inspectors to come this week.

The carpet installers came out today (Sunday) and finished it up. We've been pleasantly surprised by subs who work on weekends to finish the job a few times now! We put down some of that sticky backed plastic over the carpet on the major walkways to protect it from dirty feet. Which brings me to mud. Not just regular mud, but the oozy, sink up to your ankles, get your boot stuck mud. The kind of mud that actually has an odor to it--not a pleasant one.

In our rental house, there is not much room to store food-which is an issue for me. I like to stock up on things when they are on sale and have plenty of food in the house all the time. The last few weeks I decided not to buy more than we need each week so we wouldn't have so much to move to the new house. Today at the grocery store, there were too many good deals to not stock up. I got many items for $1.00 each (30-50% off) and I had a few coupons to go with them as well. The need to stock up got the better of me today. I bought plenty of groceries (not a ton, but not a little) for a really good price. Granted we now have 5 tubes of toothpaste, 4 bottles of shampoo and 2 of conditioner and a half dozen boxes of cereal and more, but that's ok. The problem was I really wanted to go put the food away at the new kitchen in my big pantry!

I am also anxiously anticipating getting my garden started! It's too early now, but I have all my seeds and have chosen the site. From seed I will grow carrots, sweet corn, green onion, green beans, watermelon, sunflower and pumpkin. I will get plants from the greenhouse for tomatoes, peppers, herbs and whatever else catches my eye. My mom said she'd get us a couple of fruit trees for our birthdays. I've already got a few blueberry and raspberry bushes.

I am anxiously anticipating getting my "stuff" back. It sounds bad, I know they are just things. But I have all these great things that have been in storage since the end of September and I am dying to use them again! I want my pizza stone, bread maker, waffle maker and kitchen gadgets. I want my own dishes, glasses, couches and my own bed.

I am anticipating baking bread again and making some more soap. I can't wait to fill my freezer again with homemade meals and treats! I want to pick berries again and can some jams!
I bought a great book last spring by Kathy Harrison Just in Case. It gives all kinds of useful information to make your family more self-sufficient and how to be prepared for situations such as long power outages and emergency situations. Last night I discovered Kathy has a blog. It's found at http://justincasebook.wordpress.com/ Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness it looks like a real house! It's got guts and paint and everything. It's just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete