Sunday, April 12, 2009


We took a drive out by the property the other day. Here's a photograph of the treeline along the road. We'd like to restore that treeline to a more natural area, uisng native shrubs and smaller trees to form a border along the front of the property and remove the damaged fence.
Back at home in suburbia, I readied a small portion of the garden and planted some spring vegetables: spinach, lettuce, and green onions. I had prepared the area in the fall by placing layers of newspaper over the lawn and wetting it, then adding a thick covering of mulch. I wasn't sure if the grass would be dead or not. Fortunately, it was quite dead, and the newspaper was quite decomposed. So, I just raked up the mulch, dug up the soil and added some humus. Then I was ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment