I can tell spring is on the way because this week's weather forecast doesn't call for a "Winter Weather Advisory" and has 2 digit numbers that start with a 5.
I can tell spring is on the way because the boys' extra curricular activities are starting to come to a busy end. One more week until the Odyssesy of the Mind competition!
I can tell spring is on the way because we are approaching the 1 year anniversary of our move to the country.
Speaking of the anniversary, I decided to think back on all that we've done over the past year in preparing our country home. Other that the obvious house-building:
- Created a vegetable garden
- Planted blueberry bushes
- Planted red raspberry bushes
- Planted apple and peach trees
- Located a major source of blackberries out back
- Located a source of black raspberries
- Build shelves and organized a storage room
- Finished an unfinished basement
- Prepared for minor emergencies such as power outages
Soon I will have time to plan the next steps. Here are a few things I would like to do this spring and summer:
- Tile my kitchen backsplash (already started!)
- Plant the garden again with a few modifications (Can you say fewer cucumbers?)
- Plant more blueberry bushes
- Do some landscaping around the house
- Train the dogs to listen better when off leash in the yard
- Get some more gravel for the drive way and in the pole barn
- Quilt a placemat type quilt to put on the top of the washer and dryer in the laundry room
- Dehydrate fruits and veggies with my new dehydrator
- Maybe get a pressure canner for my birthday to preserve my harvest!
I think I can do all this--we'll see what else comes up! It sure is fun living in the country!