Monday, June 7, 2010

Sprouting!

After this weekend's major thunderstorms and today's sun, I have the sprouts of my first seeds! I am a bit behind the other gardens in the area, but that's ok. Today I went out to hoe weeds and saw the first sprouts of squash, cucumbers, green beans and a few corn! I didn't get the onion sets, carrots, lettuce or spinach in the ground until yesterday. The tomato and jalapeno starts I planted are looking good.

Big Dog's outside mowing the lawn with the John Deere for the first time. He just drove by the patio door and smiled and waved in at us. He feels like a man. It helps that he's now taller than 1 grandma and just a few inches shorter than I am! The paths are terribly curvy! :)

Josh drywalled the ceiling in about half the basement this weekend. That was a huge job! I helped with that on Saturday. Sunday I did laundry and cleaned the house.

Next week I begin summer vacation. I have so many things I want to do:

1. Start a compost pile
2. Make soap
3. Make wild berry preserves
4. Tile the kitchen backsplash
5. Get back to quilting
6. Make a braided rug
7. Keep up the garden
8. Preserve my homegrown veggies

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy, I've seen a couple of your posts on making soap. I just saw a video on youtube on how to calculate the oils/lye needed using this soap calculator.

    http://www.soapcalc.net/calc/SoapCalcWP.asp

    Thought you might enjoy it.

    Here's the youtube video too:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ppyJTMpsg

    Thanks,

    Heather

    ReplyDelete