Monday, May 17, 2010

Fresh fruit, anyone?

Well, maybe not right now, but someday! Last year Josh got me 2 red raspberry bushes and 2 blueberry bushes. This weekend I got 2 more of each (bareroot--hopefully they don't die on me!), an Elberta peach tree, a Red Delicous tree and a MacIntosh apple tree! I also got 20 June bearing strawberry plants. The vegetable garden is still a disaster- I didn't touch it all weekend.

Don't you love how once you find something good on the internet, you often find more an dmore links to more and more good information? While looking at our local newspaper online, I found a free introduction to canning class for tomorrow evening I am going to try to attend. That led me to the website of the group hosting the class--Fair Food Matters. They have a variety of classes scheduled for the next few months--more detailed and advanced canning, making cheese at home, raising hens, eating local and root cellaring. I also found a link to a local farm I had not heard of that has all kinds of classes going on as well! I had no idea all of this was available to me and I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment