Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pole barn siding















Yesterday Josh decided to purchase some new metal siding to replace the siding on one side of the polebarn. It had a 10'x10' door in place, but there were no tracks and it didn't function. We want to replace it with a regular size door when we have some more money. This weekend, we replaced all the metal siding on the side of the pole barn. That was so much work! We have no electricity out there, so all the cutting was by hand. I did much of the cutting with the tin snips while Josh battled the wasps and worked high on the ladders. We both worked very hard! Metal siding is not easy to cut by hand! Many hours of work yesterday and a few today and it's done! Unfortunately I forgot to bring the camera today so I'll have to post "after" photos later.

Yesterday the boys took the camera out and aroudn the property to take pictures of the wildflowers etc . . . It gave them something to do. I'll post some of them later . . . I'm too exhausted to get off the couch to download the photos.

I'm grilling steak and potatoes for dinner with German chocolate cake for Father's Day dinner this evening.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of work! Ask me to cut some stuff out where there's no electricity and I'll patiently save up for a generator! Good work, though. I can't wait to see the pics.

    My wife is working to earn her degree in digital design and needs some guinea pigs. Do you think you would like to have some of your new homesteading pics digitally scrapbooked for posterity's sake?

    ReplyDelete