Thursday, June 25, 2009

Eating fresh

Last night I did a training session for child care providers on how children can learn through cooking. We made a few simple recipes. One was the ole' shake cream in a jar until it's butter. So, this morning I made fresh butter for my toast and topped it off with my strawberry jam. (I did use store bought bread, though I can make my own.) For lunch I decided on chicken ceasar salad to use up some leftover chicken. I picked lettuce, green onion, and spinach from my mini-garden and added some chicken and dressing and it was yummy!

I did discover it takes more than a rinse under the faucet to have clean greens though! I rinsed them under the faucet while rubbing with my fingers and still discovered some tiny bits of dirt/bugs, so I had to wipe each leaf with a paper towel to be sure they were clean.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that extra stuff is just roughage! It's good for ya!

    ReplyDelete